Badgers digging up lawn

Lawn & turf management

Moderator: Moderator Team

Badgers digging up lawn

Postby herbivore » 31 Oct 2010 15:17

I love badgers but wish they wouldn't dig up my lawn! How can I dissuade them from doing so? I believe there may be a spray you can use but don't know what it is or how effective?

Alternatively, if I persuaded the worms to migrate elsewhere then the badgers might leave the lawn alone. can anyone tell me the name of the product that gently tells worms to go elsewhere?

Many thanks :cry:
herbivore
Gardening Gloves

Postby gardening_guru » 07 Nov 2010 16:35

Hello,

I found this very interesting article that I am sure will help you.

http://www.badger.org.uk/_Attachments/R ... /55_S4.pdf
George aka The Gardening Guru
gardening_guru
Site Admin

Badgers digging up lawn

Postby herbivore » 07 Nov 2010 19:14

Hi Gardening Guru

Thanks very much for your link to the Badger Trust. There is a mine of information there and I am very grateful. The advice about biological control of larvae is particularly interesting as I already had plans to go down this route when the weather is warmer next year. In the meantime I might try the black polythene idea. Having spent many hours hollow tining the lawn and applying horticultural sand etc. it is quite upsetting to find so much damage. However I would never do anything to harm badgers as they are such such fascinating creatures. :)
herbivore
Gardening Gloves

Postby jensmith » 02 Jan 2011 11:03

I found this article quite useful http://www.cornwallbadgergroup.org.uk/damage.htm.
jensmith
Clean Hands

Re: Badgers digging up lawn

Postby johncena » 27 Sep 2012 07:51

I am also find the best site for control the pest and care for the digging up lawn.

thanks for sharing this topic in this site.
johncena
Clean Hands

Return to Lawns