Aloe Vera plants- help me please

Indoor and house plants

Moderator: Moderator Team

Aloe Vera plants- help me please

Postby alisonb65 » 13 Mar 2009 02:02

I have been given 2 different Aloe Vera plants (indoor) One of them sprouts "babies" from the outside of the same pot - the other is growing them from inside the middle of the plant. The first one seems to like its spot on the windowsill and appears to be healthy and happy - the other was flourishing - then since we moved house its not so happy. It is not dying as there are 2 new shoots coming from the middle of the plant but it does not look healthy and does not appear happy - I have moved it from the window on a table just nearby???? I do not overwater and only give pre-boiled water. I really want to save this plant as it saved me from a terrible skin condition that numerous doctors and dermatologists in this country could not understand :cry: :cry: - I discovered aloe healed me in the caribbean and have worshipped it ever since - a friend gave me this plant in the UK and it was healthy and I have used big leaves from the outside that continued to heal me in this country - the plant is not dying as babies are growing out from the middle but it is not flourishing?? Yet the other plant where the babies are sprouting from the outside of the pot are doing well. Please can anyone help as I owe so much to this magical healing plant and it appears I have 2 different species.
alisonb65
Clean Hands

Postby gardening_guru » 23 Mar 2009 14:23

Hello Alison,

I'm not quite sure what is going on with your Aloe vera plant. You seem to be knowledgable about the issue of overwatering of such plants during the winter months.
If you are doing everything correctly i.e. it is in full sun, normal watering from spring to autumn, watering once every 6 weeks durring the winter, and access to some fresh air during the summer then I cannot think why it should be poorly.
Is it possible that the room where it was situated was too warm during the winter months? 40-50F is just fine.
George aka The Gardening Guru
gardening_guru
Site Admin

Return to Indoor Plants